• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

A Wet Winter in Southern England

My goodness, certainly lots of weather everywhere! We've certainly had more than our share here and it's snowing again. More severe weather on every end. Hot/cold. Rain/dry. This is what the predictions have been for climate change. Extremes.

The last in this series of very bad storms came today. It is raining now (heavy) and the wind is blowing. Even some lightening which is rare here. Next week is supposed to be better.

I read that in the 2007 floods 60,000 homes were flooded. More flood defenses were built and this time just over 5,000 homes have flooded. Many of those flood defenses saved a lot of homes. Our area, Gloucestershire, was hit badly in 2007 but it is not as bad here now.

I am very pleased to say that since that last storm on the weekend, we are back to normal February weather. Some sun, some overcast, some light rain. Spring is in the air. The crocuses are out. There are more birds around.

The flooding is no longer dominating the evening news. Trains are almost back to normal between London Paddington and Reading (still some delays because of the flooding).

The crocuses in Painswick yesterday.

WP_20140219_009.jpg

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina