• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Adapter for travel to UK from USA

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
Hi all! I'm excited to be visiting England (London for 2 nights and then 7 nights visit to the Cotswolds with Kathy and Charley Wood. http://www.european-experiences.com/cotswolds-england/ Followed by 5 nights in Edinburgh.

I know that I will need an adapter of sorts so I can charge my IPad, IPhone, camera, and dual voltage flat iron for my hair ;) . I'm not sure if I need "grounded" or "non-grounded". Any advice or links to what is best for my vacation would be greatly appreciated!! I know for Italy all I need are cheap adapters that I can buy at Target!

Thank you :D

Mindy

All you need are the same cheap adapters for the UK. All UK sockets are grounded - they are 3 pronged. Here are some on Amazon.com.

As long the electronic thing you are plugging in runs on both US and UK/Europe voltage, then you only need a plug adapter to make the plug fit into the UK socket.

One other option is to purchase a UK USB plug. You won't need this unless you plan to travel to the UK regularly. I purchased a similar thing for Europe. Here are UK ones on Amazon.com.

I have two of them, they plug into Europe plugs, and I bring my cables for charging iPad, phone, etc. For me it eliminates the step of going from UK plug to Euro plug.

Why thank you Pauline! I have placed the 3 pronged adapters from Amazon into my Christmas "wish list"!

I appreciate the info. Laurie and and I really excited about our visit to the UK. (and seeing you and Steve) **insert dancing carrot** :snailorange::dancingcow:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina