• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Advice Please - Best Town for Base and Accommodations in The Rhine Valley

Are2

10+ Posts
We're in the early planning stages of a 7 night visit to the Rhine Valley in September 2020.
We plan to have a car while we're in the area and driving day trips will be on our list of things to do, along with a boat trip on the Rhine, likely between Bingen and St. Gore or Boppard.
I suspect I'll be posting additional questions as we progress in our trip planning, but I'll start by asking for advise on the best towns, or combinations of towns, to stay for one week, and the recommendation of this communities' favorite places to stay, ie., apartments, guest houses, hotels, and B&B's.?
We're considering basing in either Bingen or Bacharach, or perhaps another town that might offer the best choices for accommodations, restaurants, wineries,...etc. We tend to prefer apartment rentals or guest house and B&B stays. I suppose the ease of access to boat docks, train stations, and driving road trips is something I should take into consideration as well.

Thank You in Advance!

St. Goar is beautiful and is at the heart of the Rhine River Gorge. You'll probably do better for accommodations and restaurants in Boppard. Be sure to check out Koblenz where the Rhine and the Mosel come together. For day trips the wine villages of the Mosel River Valley and the ancient Roman city of Trier are a good shout.

What about between Mainz and Mannheim?
Is there a town similar to Boppard?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina