• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Flights Alitalia returns to Dulles with non-stop to Rome

Jim Zurer

500+ Posts
Contest 2019 Winner!
I just read this in the "Joe Sent Me" travel newsletter...

Alitalia Returns to Washington/Dulles With New Flights to Rome
Only in Italy could a dead-airline-flying like Alitalia be expanding. But the Italian carrier returns to Washington/Dulles next year with a year-round flight to Rome. The five weekly flights launch May 2 using Airbus A330-200s configured with business, premium economy and coach. It will be Alitalia's second crack at the Washington market. It briefly flew IAD-Milan/Malpensa. United Airlines currently flies IAD-Rome, but only on a seasonal basis.

Actually, it will be Alitalia's THIRD crack at this market: Alitalia flew IAD/MXP/FCO in 1974 for about two years, before cutting many US flights in 1977. At the time, Alitalia used DC8/62s on this route.

United has started flying the new Polaris seating craft from IAD to FCO -- not sure how the Alitalia business cabin would match against that. I just looked up prices for United and Alitlia for my projected trip and the the tickets are identical in cost.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina