• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Amalfi Coast and Cilento Coast, May 2019

What a beautiful trip! I'm baffled by the moody weather though. Is it normally like that? If my family would push thru with our trip for next month... should I prepare winter coats (like serious coats like these: https://slopehound.com/best-winter-coats-for-extreme-cold/) or juts some sweater will do? (I hate the cold, hence the legit coat options)

May has been unusually wet and cool all across Italy. We are hoping for more "normal" weather in June. A lot also depends on where you are going - the weather in the mountains of Italy can change frequently, whereas Sicily is usually always hot this time of year.

What a beautiful trip! I'm baffled by the moody weather though. Is it normally like that? If my family would push thru with our trip for next month... should I prepare winter coats (like serious coats like these: https://slopehound.com/best-winter-coats-for-extreme-cold/) or juts some sweater will do? (I hate the cold, hence the legit coat options)

I brought a light fleece sweater and a cotton sweater on our trip and wore them both with a light scarf. That kept me warm enough. Steve brought a jacket - light jacket but it has a warm lining. I did not bring anything warmer. Usually at this time of year all I would need is my cotton sweater. I always bring a fleece for emergencies. That might be a good option for you.

It did get warm during the day. And we got lots of sun. It was just surprising to not have warm evenings.

I don't remember being particularly cold at Villa Trotta when we stayed there in May (many years ago) but I'm sure I had warm sweaters with me as I'm generally cold whatever the weather.

I love your pictures Pauline, they really bring the story to life.

Just came across this trop report in preparation for our own Naples/Amalfi Coast trip coming up in June 2020. Thanks Pauline! Very inspiring!! :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina