• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Amsterdam, 18-25 September

sharonov

10+ Posts
I'll be in Amsterdam solo for the above dates, maybe longer. My flight home isn't until 30 September, My last 5 days might be in Brussels, Utrecht, or Luxembourg. I have two reasons for this thread:

1. What would you recommend for my last 5 days?

2. Anybody else going to be in the city on my dates? It would be nice to have coffee or a meal with another traveler.

Consider Zwolle. Medieval walled city with plenty of pubs, cafes and restaurants. Great walking town. Excellent markets on Friday morning and all day Saturday. Museum de Fundatie has unique architecture, a recently authenticated Van Gogh, and a couple Jan Cremer's. There' a light rail or rail connection to nearby hanseatic towns which rate among the best in The Netherlands. Great for day trips.
The town of Urk is also easy to reach. It sits on the eastern shore of the IJsselmeer and is very much like Volendam without the crowds. Leeuwarden (the 2018 Cultural Capital of Europe) is about an hour away be train. It's the capital of Friesland and features the Frisian Museum.
This is a great site to check out the hanseatic towns (click on English):

A belated Thank You for these suggestions. I’ve looked them all up and each town looks more interesting than the next!

Sounds more like Amsterdam than Zwolle! :)). You'll love it. Sounds like you'll be close to the city center. If so you'll love walking around.

Yes, I’ll be a 10 minute walk from the center. If i like Zwolle I’ll stay a few more days. Thanks again.

Ill be in Amsterdam September 27,28, 29, also traveling solo !
Oh no!! I'll be in Zwolle and environs those days! I'm set to leave Amsterdam on the 25th, go to Zwolle, then visit some of the surrounding towns. However--if for some reason I don't like the area, I'll return to Amsterdam and send you a note.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina