• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Provence Antibes, on the Côte d'Azur

Sorry that you didn't get to Ste Marguerite. We found that even with the packed ferries (during the Cannes Film Festival), we didn't see many people on the trails beyond the historic site--the prison (Man in the Iron Mask). I think most of the ferry passengers picnic in the shoreline vicinity of the landing area.

Biot is one of our favorite villages on the French Riviera, along with (the hilltop village, not the lowland of) Roquebrune. And for similar reasons as yours, Pauline. People live there. There is a life beyond and inspite of tourism, which is not the case of Eze. As for Cannes, it really is a working town, alternating betweeen boring and hectic. I guess it is not the ugliest place to work.
Enjoying your report.

Well today we did ... nothing! Steve is coming down with something and we hope it isn't the stomach virus making its way around France. We walked along the sea in the sunshine this morning. I went out on my own this afternoon and walked some of the residential areas on the other side of Antibes, walked around the Monoprix and poked into a few other shops.

Children and teens were in costume today for Halloween.

Now it is time to pack up. We have a mid-day flight out of Nice airport. What a wonderful trip this has been. We loved Antibes and would stay here again, in the same house even. And we still have a lot of things to do in this area.

Old Antibes (Vieil Antibes).

IMG_3085.JPG

Across from our house. We don't look at this, but almost.

IMG_3086.JPG

Rue de la Republique.

IMG_3090.JPG

@Cameron, is this "your" apartment (in the center of the photo)? It gets good light!

IMG_3088.JPG

Have a good trip home. I am glad to hear you enjoyed Biot. I loved the pictures of the Porte des Tines. The historic area is small enough to walk and investigate. I would have loved to hear about the park. I also loved the transportation. You were lucky with your connections also. Most of the time it worked for me - just Nice where it used to be so crowded at times. I have many memories of standing packed on Bus 100.

@Cameron, is this "your" apartment (in the center of the photo)? It gets good light!

Yes, that's "Cap View" to the right of the parking garages....one of those that belongs to Michelle Bush. Lots of light as there are sliding doors on both the bedroom and living room, and there's a balcony large enough for dining (and drying clothes).

I'm so happy that you liked Antibes and would consider returning. I know what I love, but when recommending to someone else, I always hope they'll not be disappointed.

I really enjoyed reading about your trip to Antibes. I spent a few days in Nice during my very first trip to Europe back in 1999 and spent a few hours in Antibes one day. I always thought that would be where I would want to stay if I returned to the area. It was great seeing photos and reading about the area. Biot also looks like a great place to visit or possibly stay if I ever get back to France! Italy first though :) Have a safe trip home!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina