• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Anybody want to go half?

Took a stroll with Street View - certainly no ghost town, but looks indeed like many homes have their windows shuttered, especially in the alleys. Still, there's construction going on, cars parked here and there, people walking around, and at least one cafe is open! The imagery is from 2011 at the latest, it appears, so maybe things are worse off today.
I wonder what social dynamics develop in small and "weak" towns like this that succeed in importing foreigners in this way.

There was an initiative in place to place immigrants into abandoned properties a year or so ago. Not sure if that program is still in place.

There was an initiative in place to place immigrants into abandoned properties a year or so ago. Not sure if that program is still in place.
I have read that there has been some success in Calabria, specifically Riace.

We will be in Sardinia at the end of April. Perhaps we will drive by. One of us will give up that morning's cappuccino to make sure we have enough cash on hand in case the mood strikes. ;)

I hope you will report back. I'd be very interested to know what you discover.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina