• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

APP: Venice Art & Culture by Dana Facaros & Michael Pauls

Pauline

Forums Admin
Dana Facaros and Michael Pauls ( @Dana ) who wrote the very popular Cadogan travel guides for Italy and Spain (now out of print) are creating travel apps (for iPad/iPhone, or Android).

Venice Art & Culture and Barcelona Art & Culture are available now. Read more on their website.

I have been reading the Venice Art & Culture app and it is very good.

Unfortunately their Italian Menu Decoder app is no longer available. (The company who produced the app have gone out of business.) BUT they are redoing it with their new app system and it should be available soon.

[corrected to say the apps are available for Android also]

Last edited:
Dana donated a gift code for the Venice Art & Culture app for iPhone/iPad.

The first person to post on this thread wins (a mini-contest)!!

Our app developer (our son!) has just written to say the Google Play have started free promo codes for Android as well: I will send one of those too to the first person who asks!

Huge apologies for not checking this thread. I have had a horrible cold all week. I thought I had checked the thread before!!

Contest closed - that was fun!

I saw Pauline's original contest post last week, but didn't post myself, because I already have the app (I bought it when it was first announced: haven't used it in situ yet, but it looks great!). However, since this thread is populated by people who love Venice as much as I do, I thought I'd share something that makes me very happy. I've been to Venice on lots of short trips, plus a few slightly longer stays - but have never been for work: I'm a musician, with a big interest in the periods of some of Venice's most famous composers, Gabrieli, Monteverdi and (rather later) Vivaldi.

But in May, one of the groups that I play with is accompanying a couple of choirs to Venice: we're doing a concert in the Frari on the 6th (Gabrieli, Monteverdi, Croce), and Sunday morning Mass in San Marco on the 8th. I'm very thrilled :dancingcow:

I couldn't download as have an android. Unless I'm a complete dunce, a possibility. I tried for ages.
Wow Jonathan, how amazing to play in Venice. Sadly I'll miss you.
Our app developer (our son!) has just written to say the Google Play have started free promo codes for Android as well: I will send one of those too to the first person who asks!
Dana, could you send me this?

Well, it looks like Lisa actually won, since she has an android and was first, right? I have an ipad too though. I'll get in touch.

Jonathan, I will be in Venice in early May. I will have a group there on the 8th - maybe we should come to see you play. But, where do you play in there? (sorry, this is off topic, maybe we should take this off the board.)

So let's switch. The original one was iPad/iPhone only. I will send that code to you Shannon. Then you send your Venice app code to Lisa.

I think I've sorted the apps with Lisa and Shannon- do shout if they don't work. And Jonathan, lucky you! One of the best things about doing the app is that I've learned so much about Venetian music, and why both opera and sacred music developed the way it did. I meant to write just one entry, but think I ended up listening to all sorts and writing about a dozen entries.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina