• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article - Glossop in the Peak District

Pauline

Forums Admin
Interesting article in today's Guardian Travel - In a league of its own
"Glossop, gateway to the Peak District, is shaking off its mill-town image, with cute shops and bars, art spaces and live music ..."

I like this description of the walking (this is from the version I get with my subscription, they changed the wording in the online version):

But tourists don’t visit Glossop just for the art, organic quinoa, or even the Curly Cornet cafe in Henry Street, which sells local Bradwells ice-cream. They come for the great outdoors, which begins barely 15 minutes’ walk from the station. The town sits atop a fistful of rambler’s ley lines, including the Longdendale Trail and the mother-lode that is the Pennine Way. It is heaven for hikers, fell-runners, mountain-bikers and horse-riders.

Pauline, have you traveled much to the Peak District? That part of the UK has always piqued (pardon the pun) my interest. It appears much less gentrified and more for the off the beaten path traveler.

We were there briefly on our big England trip nearly 25 years ago. We are planning some UK trips this year - and I think this will be one of them. It is only a 3 hour drive from here!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina