• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article - Italy's in terminal decline

Pauline

Forums Admin
Gloria from Pisa posted the link to this article on Facebook and I thought I would share it here. It is interesting reading!

The Spectator - Italy’s in terminal decline, and no one has the guts to stop it, by Nicholas Farrell 25 October 2014
Everything that’s wrong with France is worse here

I don't know this magazine, but it must be British. From the article: "We should remember that Italian companies get state money to pay workers to do nothing and not sack them — currently about half a million workers are in what is known as ‘cassa integrazione’." - - I want one of those jobs :)

Gloria from Pisa posted the link to this article on Facebook and I thought I would share it here. It is interesting reading!

The Spectator - Italy’s in terminal decline, and no one has the guts to stop it, by Nicholas Farrell 25 October 2014
Everything that’s wrong with France is worse here

I don't know this magazine, but it must be British. ....

Pauline, I thought I remembered something about The Spectator going back a long way, and when I looked it up, I found that it claims to be "the oldest continuously published magazine in the English language." About Spectator.

That is a sad story, and from what I've seen in Italy, there is a lot of truth in it.

Thanks Roz. I will look for it on the newsstand.

I have heard stories of people in large companies not working that much and government workers being pensioned off at age 50, but it always seems to me that the small business owners who run the cafes, the vacation rentals, etc. work very hard.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina