• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Article - Storms Hit Southern France

Wow, that looks bad. We are leaving this week for Provence, but I'm glad for our sake that it does not appear that the storms are reaching that far east.

In the UK we had the driest September on record (BBC - UK set for driest September since records began) and in southern France they are having torrential rain and flooding (BBC Video - Major Flash Flooding in France).

In southern France, in and near Montpellier, they had 300mm of rain in a few hours yesterday (half a year's worth of rain). There were also storms in eastern Spain. The storm is moving east and there are warnings in Tuscany for Wednesday.

Wow, that looks bad. We are leaving this week for Provence, but I'm glad for our sake that it does not appear that the storms are reaching that far east.
Have a great trip Roz! It looks like the storm will pass through Provence today and it isn't as bad as what hit on Monday.

We have been really lucky so far. Just hope those storms stay away from the Vaucluse! We heard thunder and saw a bit of lightning this morning in Vaison, but no rain, thank goodness.

Thanks for posting @Roz ! I have been thinking about you, wondering if the weather had hit your area. This must be a very localized weather system since it is only an hour by car from Nimes to Vaison! I am happy to hear you have not been affected.

Pour Nimes! We enjoyed our week there a couple of years ago.

Another report from the Local about storms hitting south-east France this week:

The Local - South-eastern France hit by violent storms, Nov 4 2014
Some fifteen departments in south-eastern France were on alert on Tuesday as storms swept through the region. Residents in the Ardèche were some of the hardest hit as rivers burst their banks.

More storms in the last few days (end of November) in southern France, this time flooding near the coast, south of Narbonne, in the Aude department of the Languedoc-Roussillon region and in the Var department of southern Provence.

RFI English - Thousands evacuated as heavy rain-storms hit south of France, 30 Nov 2014

The Local - IN IMAGES: Fatal floods hit south of France, 01 Dec 2014
As southern France recovers from the worst flooding it's seen in years, The Local takes a look at some of the most shocking images of the damage done by the forces of nature.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina