• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

B&B or nice place to stay in Edinburgh

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
Hi all, my sister and I will be going to the Cotswolds in July 2016. After our tour there we will take the train to Edinburgh. If anyone can recommend a B&B or other place to stay I'd appreciate any suggestions! We do want to hire a driver for a day trip to Glasgow (and Cathcart) so if you also can recommend a private driver company as well that would be great. We will most likely stay 5 or 6 days in Edinburgh.
Thank you very much!!

Mindy

@SusanSeattle recently stayed in Edinburgh, I think. Maybe she has something to recommend.

If you are searching online remember that vacation rentals are called holiday cottages, or holiday lets, in the UK. There should be some in Edinburgh.

We probably won't be living in the Cotswolds by next summer, but I would love to meet up with you!

We stayed in an apartment for 3 nights in Edingburgh. We were very happy with the rental & the location. Ours was a 2 bedroom, though, so it is probably a bigger rental than you are interested in. We stayed in the "high street" apartment.

We had a car while we were there (pillowstops has a free parking spot about 10 min. walk from the apartment) so I'm afraid I can't help you with a driver.

http://www.pillowstops.co.uk/index.cfm

Thanks so much Pauline and Susan. I will bookmark your link Susan. My brother in law overheard us laughing and talking about how much fun we're going to have and now he wants to go, :D I love him and hope he joins us (he may even be our driver) :D

Pauline, as the time gets nearer we can (hopefully) arrange to meet up!!

thanks so much for your input!!

Mindy

Mindy,
I see on slowtrav, that you are doing a tour with Kathy in the Cotswolds before your time in Scotland. You'll have a wonderful time! I haven't done the Cotswold trip with them, but I have been on 3 other of their tours and have loved all of them.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina