• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Banks with no-fee international transactions

LindaG

10+ Posts
My bank has changed its policy. I had a savings account that I could withdraw cash from while in Europe. There were no fees, neither exchange nor atm fees with this account. Now there are fees so I'm looking for an alternative bank. Does anyone know of one with no fees?

Thanks, Linda

I have the Capital One 360 card, good in not adding any percentage to the interbank rate, although the ATMs themselves might have a fee imposed by the owning bank. The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account is reported to reimburse the ATM fees and have no foreign exchange fees.

Yes the Schwab does refund any ATM fees and they have good exchange rates, pretty close to the wholesale rate reported on XE.com.

At least that was as of the last time I used it in Dec 2019.

Schwab reimburses ATM fees at the end of the month. So your balance might reflect ATM fees imposed and then at the end of the month they give it back to you.

Thank you all for your responses. I've switched to a checking account with no international transaction fees and foreign atm fees.

You might also check with your local credit union. The one we use does not charge any ATM or international transaction fees.
Same here. My credit union does not charge any ATM or international transaction fee. I just had to call them and give them the dates of my travel. They did limit my withdrawal to 100 euros per day, which was fine since I had my credit card for any larger purchases.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina