• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Barcelona & Marbella

Kim

10+ Posts
Hi all - we’re contemplating a July trip to Barcelona and Marbella. Not doing apartment rentals as we will probably use points.

What I’m looking for are suggestions as to neighborhoods/areas to stay in Barcelona that have easy access to sights.

Any food/wine walking tours in Barcelona?

Also we are thinking of driving from Barcelona to Marbella - any suggestions as to routes or places to stay/stop along the way?

I think that’s it for now. More to come as planning commences.

Thanks!

Kim, We have been fortunate to have had several extended stays in Barcelona. We love the Eixample area. You can walk to many sites and have easy access to the whole city with the metro and a T-10 ticket. I wrote a recent note on Barcelona, which you may find helpful. I would be happy to answer questions if I can.

Many people like the Barri Gotic, but it is a bit noisy and over-the-top with tourist activity for me. I am also a light sleeper and have found the Eixample to be (on the whole) a bit quieter at night.

Childhood friends of mine stayed in this b&b in the barri gotic, in a former mansion very well located.
The rooms face the pretty courtyard and are quiet. The interior is very nice. You also get to use a minimum kitchen. You can't actually cook, but there is a microwave. You can also make fresh coffee or tea all day.
You can walk everywhere within the old town. And the metro is 2 minute walk away.

Thanks! We actually booked the Le Meridien in Barcelona this morning using points, as well as our flights and a hotel in Marbella.

Now we're looking for a place to stop a bit more than halfway between Barcelona & Marbella (6 hour drive or so) - would love recs for a small seaside town if possible.

Also any food/wine tours in Barcelona.

You could try Denia or Javea. I'm not keen on any of that coast around Alicante, but there's a national park in that area, and these two places are smaller than some. Will be very crowded and hot in July though. You might be better off a little inland.

Another seaside town to examine is Altea. Not a town but about halfway along in Valencia, a city well-worth visiting. Inland we found Elche with its palm forest and botanical garden a pleasant place.

Reactions: Kim

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina