• Click CONTACT US in the footer if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Barcelona with Kids

We are planning a trip to Barcelona next February during the kid's "ski week". A Swiss tradition where everyone heads out of town to enjoy peak ski conditions. We are not skiers, so we are heading to Barcelona. I chose Barcelona because our middle child is an aspiring artist and will be inspired by Joan Miro's and Salvador Dali's museums as well as the architecture of Antonio Gaudi. I would appreciate any advice on activities, adventures, and distractions that will suit a 7 and 9 year old... plus a 15 month old who is along for the ride.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

You might try reposting your question on the Rick Steves Spain travel forum. There is a frequent poster there, Enric, who lives in Barcelona, is extremely knowledgeable, and has written a guide book for seeing the city with children. Sorry, I don’t know anything more specific about the book, but Enric always has lots of excellent advice.

You may wish to add the Picasso museum to your list.
Although they have become less an attraction, children enjoy making the living statues on the Ramblas move for a coin or two. There is the Tibidabo amusement park with old-fashioned rides. The Magic Fountain show could be a late night experience for your older children. Check to make sure of dates and time. It may be closed in winter. If the weather is pleasant there's always a walk along the beach.
A trip to the Dali Museum in Figueres is a full day trip but worthwhile in my opinion. Again check opening times.
The Periodico de Barcelona newspaper lists children's activities for the week. You may wish to check their on-line site prior to leaving.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Latest posts

New resources