• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Bavaria and Neuschwanstein

Nadin Maler

Hi everyone!

I decided to post this topic to encourage people to travel on their own and visit places you've been dreaming of.

It's been my dream to visit Neuschwanstein castle since childhood and last year I've managed to go to Munich and finally see it!

From Munich I've gone to Bavarian Castles by bus, a company Flixbus. A nice and reliable company with good buses. I've bought tickets via app GoEuro, it's perfect for traveling in Europe.

The place is just perfect, like fairy tale!

screen-28.png

It's amazing jus to walk there and enjoy absolutely stunning Bavarian nature. Anyway I've got ticket to the castle. I've booked it on official site of Bavarian Castle, so when I got there I get my ticket even without staying in a line.

screen-33.png

screen-31.png

Back to Munich I got from the town Fussen, it's not far away from castles, I got there on foot.

screen-34.png

So, it was an amazing experience, my childhood dream came true!

We got there as well about 2 years ago. Loved it!!! In fact, loved Bavaria!!! We stayed in both Bad Aibling and in Garmisch. I can't wait to go back! The food, the beer, the countryside, the people, etc.!!!!

Tony - my parents lived in Bad Aibling when I was born, and I lived there when I was a baby. (I was actually born in Munich.) I've been to Bad Aibling several times, but just for a few hours each time. It's interesting to hear someone else mention it!

@Kim You can visit Neuschwanstein on a day trip from Munich. There are several companies that offer trips there and it sounds like maybe a Flixbus too. Be sure to walk up to the Marienbrucke for the most amazing view of the castle. I also really recommend a visit to the much-older Hohenschwangau castle (where Ludwig lived as a boy)... I like this more than Neuschwanstein.

Kim, we've always had a car for exploring the Bavarian Alps, so I can't help with any personal experience.

Friends went on this tour from Munich and liked it: https://www.mikesbiketours.com/munich/castle-tours/neuschwanstein-castle-tours-bus-bavaria.html (You could visit Hohenschwangau instead of doing the bike ride.)

I work with this company in Munich. They offer a private trip to Neuschwanstein and other nearby spots, but it's very pricey if there are only two people. https://afriendinmunich.de/driving-tours/neuschwanstein-ettal/ They also offer private walking tours of Munich... a great way to learn more about this wonderful city.

Kathy

Reactions: Kim

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina