• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Best area to stay in Capri

sharonov

10+ Posts
I know that there are two towns in Capri. If we decide to stay for a couple of nights, which is the most scenic?

I've only visited Capri once as a daytrip, so can't really be of any help. But if I were to spend a night or two, I'd stay in Anacapri (the upper town). Capri seemed more of a luxury resort, whereas Anacapri felt quieter and (relatively) less touristy. And the views from on high are gorgeous!!

But I must confess we spent most of our time wandering around the mountainside and didn't actually see a lot of either town! We took a convertible taxi from Capri up to Anacapri, then took the chair lift up to the top of Monte Solaro, then hiked down to Anacapri. Partway down, we made a side trek to the Hermitage of Cetrella - stunning views down over the water, the Sorrentine peninsula, and the faraglioni rocks. There's a very challenging hiking trail (la passetella?) that runs from the hermitage down to the town of Capri, but we didn't go that way - we backtracked to our original path and hiked down only as far as Anacapri. By the way, "hike" is almost too strong a word...it isn't a difficult path. My mom was 74 at the time and didn't find it overly strenuous. But there's also the option of returning to Anacapri by chairlift, instead of walking down.

I agree with Anne completely. We rented a home for a week in Anacapri years ago, and it was one of the best weeks we've ever spent. It's less touristy and less crowded than the town of Capri.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina