• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Best spring month to visit Bologna, Vicenza, Padova, etc

We have booked a few nights at Bologna nel Cuore for next year. First time to Bologna in 8 trips to Europe - I know, what took me so long? - so we are looking forward to our stay and getting to know the area. Also plan to do a market/cooking class; had a link to an offering somewhere but cannot locate it now.

Hey, SuzanneT: I see you're going to Ravenna. Me too - the first three weeks in May. When will you be there? Any tips? I'm planning to take Italian lessons and do the sights really sloooowly. If you're into history, I can highly recommend "Ravenna in Late Antiquity" by Deliyannis (I was able to snag an inexpensive used copy on amazon, but the current prices are much higher - see https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/110761290X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

As for Bologna, check out the terra cotta statue in Santa Maria della Vita. Blew my socks off the first time I saw it.

That's fantastic. When will you be there?

We will be there February 2019. I like planning ahead, perhaps a tad too early. Air France has already rescheduled some of our flights (leaving in January, returning late February). Since we will be in Venice for part of Carnevale, I nailed down an apartment first thing after booking flights.

We're hoping to be in the same area in the first week of October - will be interesting to compare meteorological conditions between the two seasons....

Last edited:
We tend to travel late January - March for our trips. Just works better for our jobs and budgets. I've been over several times in October, wore sandals a few times, and got looks.

We were in Bologna March 2017 and are returning May 2019. Last year we had absolutely perfect weather in Bologna, but I believe that this March was colder and rainy.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina