• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Book: "A Fine Romance, Falling in love with the English Countryside"

Colleen

10+ Posts
I've been a fan of author and artist Susan Branch since my "Country Living" phase in the 1980's. ;-) She paints lovely watercolors, and I enjoy her positive outlook and sense of humor.

This book is a travel journal of her and her husband's two month visit to England in 2012. It starts off with a transatlantic crossing on the Queen Mary 2. She's included photos, quotes, watercolor paintings, and recipes. (I've been wanting to try making my own Pimm's cup!) Branch's storytelling pulls you right in, and her illustrations add charm to her tales.

Warning: It might be too cutesy for some of you! There are a few photos on the amazon.com page so you can get an idea of its style.

Thanks for the memories, Colleen!

Susan Branch sounded very familiar to me, as I too went through a Country Living phase, and still have some of the special edition gardener magazines. But after viewing Susan Branch's web site (With love from the heart of the home...) and this blog, which has some good photos of from her book, I must say it is pretty cutesy... :rolleyes:

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina
Tuscan Traveler, Living in Italy by Ann Reavis

Back