• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Budget Hotel near Paddington Station

PokeyMindy

100+ Posts
Hi! My sister and I are going to be in London for 2 nights before we meet up with Kathy and Charley Wood for their Cotswolds tour. We would like to stay near Paddington Station as this is where we will catch our train to Moreton-in-Marsh.

I'm finding that London hotels are very expensive but I'm sure there must be a few "hidden gems" near PAD.
My sister found http://www.elyseehotel.co.uk/location.html this place which has mostly good reviews. But I'd love a few more options. (and preferably each have our own room; we don't want to kill each other before our "sister-trip" even gets started, LOL).

Our dates will be July 14-16, 2016.

Thanks so much for any recommendations or advice.

Mindy :snailorange:

Maureen from ST always recommended Vancouver Studios near Paddington. We stayed there about 7 yrs ago and liked it. Well priced. Amy from ST stayed there too.

Hi Pauline,
Yes, I did look briefly at Vancouver Studios (lovely) , but couldn't discern if they provided breakfast or if it is more of an "apartment" accommodation. I do have it "bookmarked" :D

Here I am leaving for my Italy vacation on Oct. 1st and already thinking about my July 2016 vacation, hahaha....I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl! :dancingcow::pig:

As an update :D My sister and I are going to stay at the Vancouver Studio's for our 2 nights in London. . We'll each have a small single studio which will be perfect. The price per night including VAT is 85 pounds which I think is very reasonable.;)

Thank you all for your advice and input. :dancingcow:

Now I can focus on my trip to Italy; Oct 1-15th. A week on a Prosecco tour in Treviso, and then 6 nights in Florence!

Mindy

I love Vancouver studios! Stayed 2x and was lucky not on my dime so we rented their apt with balcony. I would stay again in a single studio if on my own. Lovely staff. Great area. Good cafes nearby. Oh, to be back in England.

A Prosecco tour, that sounds heavenly. Can you give us some details?
Hi Susan,
sorry for the delay in answering your question about the Prosecco tour.
I drank too much of it on my trip, LOL

http://www.bluone.com/prosecco-wine-tour.html

This was my 4th tour with Marcello and Raffaella who own and operate Bluone.com
They are like family to me. The tour was superb. Marcello and Raffa are passionate about food and wine and know the best places to visit. I highly recommend this or any of their tours!! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mindy

The tour looks like a lot of fun. I have next year planned out (Luberon and Paris) but I may have questions for you in the future. Thanks for the link.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina