• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Bulgaria, anyone been?

Lindyloo59

Hi, I’m trying to plan a 9 day trip to Bulgaria and want to see Sofia, Plovdiv and it’s surrounding wine area and Veliko Tărnovo. It’s not as slow as we usually like to travel but it’s all the time we can spare Looking for any tips from anyone who’s been there done that. TIA

I've been there five times and can give you a few pieces of advice. You can visit Burgas and Varna; they are beautiful. If you want to have fun, then Sunny Beach is perfect for you. There are different clubs and hotels, where you can have fun. Sofia has a beautiful architecture. Balchic is small, boring and dirty.

Thanks Monika, I didn’t put a date so your advice came late as we travelled in April. We are somewhat older than you by the sound of it as clubs and hotels are not our thing. We ended up spending a few nights in Sofia and did a day trip to Rila Monastery then we drove to Plovdiv via Koprivshtitsa and did 2 day trips out of Plovdiv. One to the Buzludjha monument and a winery tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Bulgaria and particularly in Plovdiv and maybe next time we will get to the VT and the coast. It’s a great inexpensive European holiday destination and we hope to return. Thanks again.

Sunny Beach may be fun if you are into drinking, but we weren't really in the mood for it when we were there. We visited all the landmarks, mostly churches we could in Sofia, and then traveled to the beach towns for some time near the water. Same precautions I think as with everywhere else, and agreed, not as expensive as this site would suggest. And yet, we still a memorable time.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina