• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Car Rental Southern France

Pennywise

Hi All
I’m travelling to smaller, out of reach places in South France and I’m a bit nervous about renting a car. Some of the towns I hope to visit are;
St Paul De Vence
Lourmarin
Aix
Eze
St Remy
Does anyone know of a car rental agency that is easy to locate and easy to navigate as I want to stay on quieter roads for safety sake.
TIA
Penny

If you do NOT want to pick up and drop off a car at an airport or at a big-city train station, your best choice is to find an agency that operates out of a TGV station, since those may be newer stations outside the town. centre.

For example, the Avignon TGV station is in the suburbs and does have car rental agencies. The Aix en Provence TGV station is out in the sticks outside of town (adjacent to a limited-access 4 lane road) and has a couple of rental agencies

Use Autoeurope, a car rental consolidator, to find ALL the rental agencies in the towns from which you are willing to depart and to which you could return the car.

Another way to look for a solution is to open Google Maps on the general area you'd like to pick up a car in. Then type "car rentals" in the search bar. You'll usually get a lot of options.

If you do NOT want to pick up and drop off a car at an airport or at a big-city train station, your best choice is to find an agency that operates out of a TGV station, since those may be newer stations outside the town. centre.

For example, the Avignon TGV station is in the suburbs and does have car rental agencies. The Aix en Provence TGV station is out in the sticks outside of town (adjacent to a limited-access 4 lane road) and has a couple of rental agencies

Use Autoeurope, a car rental consolidator, to find ALL the rental agencies in the towns from which you are willing to depart and to which you could return the car.
So helpful. Thank u!!

Another way to look for a solution is to open Google Maps on the general area you'd like to pick up a car in. Then type "car rentals" in the search bar. You'll usually get a lot of options.
I’ll try this for sure! Thank u so much!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina