• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Car Service to and from Heathrow

BJinNM

10+ Posts
We will be in London the very end of August and the beginning of September. Last time we were there we used Parker Car Services, it being recommended by several people on Slow Trav. Today their website seemed really weird and the Heathrow app says the name is Parkers Drive, not car service. I am a little antsy that they are no longer in business. Does anyone have an airport car service to recommend? Please don't suggest the tube or the train, as we will have more luggage than usual (we are leaving on a cruise from Southampton), and there are mobility issues involved also.

Thanks for any help.

BJ

I have used them before and booked with Parkers Car Service earlier this week for a trip from London to Heathrow next month. The "quote" page didn't seem to work for me, and I ended up just coordinating by email for a quote and booking. I didn't have any concerns about this at all. You might try emailing and let them know about your problems. bookings@parkercarservice.com

(Also, there was no advance payment required. I opted to pay in cash as there's a surcharge for using a credit card.)

Kathy

Kathy,
I did email them and they were very nice and have accommodated me. They said they would report the problem to their IT people. If I email them again, I will let them know that others are having problems also. Have a wonderful travel season in England.

BJ

I just booked Parker Car Services for an April pick-up at Heathrow Terminal 5 for the Southbank a couple of days ago. When I re-read the confirmation, it says "Passenger to call on arrival" without providing a number. Anyway, I have been emailing with them for clarification and indeed, I need to call the driver on arrival. I really rather not having to call on arrival. They mentioned a "meet and greet" service but when I asked for this service, I haven't gotten any specifics yet. So, I may have to call them today; or email them again; or,

Can someone recommend another service?

I have been exchanging emails with them this morning. I have been asked (and answered every time) the same information several times. Still waiting for the updated confirmation.

I am giving the company a couple of more days to get it right. We have used them several times but only to go to LHR. This is the first time for a pickup at airport.

I'm sorry that booking with Parker Car Service was difficult for you. We've used them several times now, but were always picked up in London to go to the airport... not met at the airport. I would definitely use them again.

Did you end up booking with Parker or another company? If you have another recommendation for airport meet and greet, it would be good to include info here.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina