• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Croatia Croatia GrapeHops Tour 2014!

Colleen

10+ Posts
Friends and I were having lunch one day last year at Tony's Pizzeria Napoletano and called Shannon from the table - drunk dialed, actually - to cajole her into taking us all on a tour of Croatia...

A week from today I fly to Dubrovnik to meet up with some of my favorite people for the inaugural GrapeHops Tour of Croatia!

We start off in Dubrovnik, then go to Split, spend several days on Hvar island, a day at Plitvice National Park, and end with a few days in Rovinj.

Follow along with us!

The forecast for Dubrovnik next week calls for rain!

Wet and cool weather ... this changes my wardrobe plans!

Related song lyrics by Robert Cray:
Forecast (Calls for Pain)
Coffee for my breakfast
Shot of whiskey on the side
It's a dark and dreary morning
With the clouds covering up the sky

[Chorus:]
The forecast calls for pain
The forecast calls for pain

As you might guess, our forecast here in England frequently calls for rain and cool temps. When I was watching the weather in Sicily for our trip a couple of weeks ago, I was worried because it said rain and cooler. BUT their idea of rain was just a sprinkle every now and then, the sun was much stronger than it is here, and it felt much warmer. Possibly the same for Croatia.

And if it is cooler, I find it easier to be out and about all day when it is cooler. Bring a good fleece jacket and a silk or cotton scarf (this will keep you warm).

Yah, I'll wear my fleece sweater and water repellant jacket on the plane so I don't forget them! I always travel with a pashmina, and may pack another scarf in addition to it.

We had similar weather (sunny with occasional showers) in Dublin, and I was frequently on the EDGE of being cold but not quite. I will be more prepared this time!

Shannon reports on Facebook that it is sunny and 70 degrees today!

I created a category for Croatia Photos in our Media section, if anyone wants to upload photos there. Or you can put them in posts on this thread.

Thanks, Pauline!
I just booked my SuperShuttle ride for Tuesday, and requested a vegetarian meal for the flight. It's getting closer!

... I also looked online to see flight options if I decide to extend my time in Venice ... I've tried calling numerous times but after 10 minutes on hold have given up! I think I will try once more. I'm leery of making a change online so close to my departure date.

If you are using miles for your ticket, it is easier to change the return date. Otherwise you will have to pay the change fee, which can be high ($200+). But you have flown more then me, so you know this.

I have changed tickets many times on trips (I always want to stay longer - only once was it to come home early). I too think it is best to do it by phone.

Once I was able to talk British Airways out of charging the $250 (each!) change fee, but only because I changed my flights twice, so we ended up paying one change fee instead of two.

Leaving tomorrow - have a good flight!

I think everyone on the GrapeHops tour is having too much fun to tell us about it. Hopefully they will post some details later. I follow a few of the group on Facebook and the photos have been amazing. It looks like a beautiful place.

I'll be seeing Sharon in a few days in Roma ~ I'll get a live report then. I think they're just having too much fun to report in :D

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina