• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Croatia help, please

italian excursion

100+ Posts
I've got a few free days this trip to Italy and I'd like to spend them in Rovnj. However, it seems the ferries from Venice do not run in October. I've researched a bit on driving from Venice area to Croatia but the border crossings do not come up as clear when I try to find out how that works. If you have suggestions, I'd be so appreciative. I know, as a last resort I can take a long bus ride, oye! I've rented a sweet B & B already and would love to see that area.
Grazie
Cheryl
www.italianexcursion.com

What is the question about border crossings when driving? Slovenia and Croatia are part of Schengen, so there aren't routinely border controls, but sometimes there are spot checks. If the question's about insurance coverage (since historically going into Eastern Europe with a rental has had issues), if I search on Auto Europe for a rental starting in Italy, a Europcar rental with no deductible includes in the terms
Travel is permitted into W. Europe. Transit into Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary & Czech Republic (ExcludingBMW, Mercedes and Volkswagen vehicles). Intent to travel into any of these countries must be noted on this voucher at time of booking. Transit into any other Eastern European country is not permitted.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina