• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Croatia CROATIA Rovinj - 1 bedroom apartment in town

Shannon

100+ Posts
Link: Lady's View Apartment

I have stayed in this apartment a number of times for up to ten days. The location in Rovinj is excellent, just off the main street between the bus station and the sea. The apartment is up a steep set of stairs on the second floor. There is another rental below on the first floor (Queen's Rest apartment).

From the windows of the bedroom you look out over the rooftops of Rovinj and in the distance, the town campanile. The bed is very comfortable. There is a small desk in the bedroom and plenty of space to put your clothes and other things. The living room has a couch and large TV (I don't watch too much TV there) and there is a little dining table just behind. There is another single bed in the living room. The kitchen is small - pretty much a kitchenette, but it has a full sized refrigerator and 2 burners and everything you need to cook a meal. Washing up can be tricky due to the space constraints, but resourceful minds will figure it out.

The bathroom is fine and has a good washing machine with a "rapid" wash cycle as an option. The windows of the bathroom and living room look into the narrow street below.

There are lots of bars and restaurants around, and you can pretty much walk anywhere in the old center in 10 or 15 minutes. There is a fabulous pastry shop and a small supermarket on the same street as the apartment, and a larger supermarket next to the bus station (maybe a two minute walk, if that.)

The owners are wonderful and live in the house in the back. Izidora loves food and will direct you wisely on where to eat; she has become a friend and I can't imagine not staying in Lady's View when I am in Rovinj. Her husband Fausto is very nice too. They will meet you at the bus station and take you to the apartment; a nice touch.

You book through Elim Agency, the only thing that might not work for some people is you must make a deposit by bank transfer. Once in Rovinj you can pay the balance in either euros or Croatian kuna.

It is a sweet apartment in one of my favorite places.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina