• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Delta Airlines Allowing Change/Cancellation for Tickets Purchased on or before March 30, 2021

Jan55612

100+ Posts
I recently purchase airline tickets from Delta for travel next winter. I would usually have waited a bit longer, but Delta has a current policy that will change soon. If you purchase tickets on or before March 30, 2021, you can change or cancel without a fee. The only charge is for any fare difference. I wanted to make sure I properly understood what was on the website, so I called a Delta representative and he confirmed my understanding.

My understanding was that if you want to cancel for tickets purchased before March 30, 2021 you’d get a no-fee full credit good for a year from date of purchase. I also thought that after March 30, you can still change your reservation dates but there will be a change fee re-instituted, and also that Basic Fare tickets won’t continue to be eligible for such a change at all.
But I could be wrong about all of this since it’s been months since I checked with Delta by phone.

Last edited:
Allen, I think you are correct about the current policy. I called and the representative told me if I wanted to be able to change or cancel the tickets (not Basic Fare), I should buy before March 30 because there may be a policy change after that date. I know I will need to change the return date on our tickets. Because we are outbound from the US in the period leading up to Christmas, I wanted to book our travel before the prices went up, as they always do for holiday travel. Our return date is beyond the time when I could currently book. Thus, I will change it later to the real return date. If we have to cancel, I can always cancel the tickets and use the credits for other travel in the US.

I think Delta has recently extended the relevant dates for no-change-fee flight options. Again, I don’t follow their news very closely, so you’d want to do your own research on this.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina