• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Dino's Grotto closing

ellen

100+ Posts
Remember Dean (Gold) from the Slowtrav/Slowtalk days? He and his wife Kay have been running restaurants in Washington DC for the past 10 - 15 years and just announced that they will be closing Dino's Grotto later this summer.

I went to his first place, Dino, in the Cleveland Park neighborhood of the capital several times and it was always amazing. I haven't been able to try Dino's Grotto (opened in 2014) because it's not wheelchair accessible, and I'm always with my mother and/or my brother when I'm in DC and they are both in chairs.

While I'm sorry I now won't ever have the chance to enjoy the Grotto, I'm hopeful that getting out of the restaurant industry will allow Dean and Kay more time to travel and write about the restaurants they find. Some of my best food experiences in Italy came from Dean's recommendations on Slowtrav.

That is a good long run for a restaurant! Sorry they are closing but looking forward to seeing what they do next. Thanks for posting!

I didnt know that Dean was ever on Slowtrav. We went to Dino’s Grotto last year when we were in D.C. and had a great meal sitting downstairs at the bar. His places were always on our list when we visited D.C. and it was always great talking to him and Kay. Best wishes to them both.

Yes, Dean was fairly active for years on Slowtrav before he opened the first restaurant.
He wrote wonderfully detailed restaurant reviews after their extended visits to Italy.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina