• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Donatello + Agriturismo in May

coleyfagiole

10+ Posts
Saluti a tutti!

I am planning a trip mid-late May to the Donatello exhibition in Florence, and while my heart is always happy to be in Florence, 3-4 days will be plenty. I am traveling solo and no longer very interested in wandering through cities. So I think starting with a few days in the countryside to get over jet lag from LA (not to mention these past 2 years) would be great. Some hiking and biking would be great, as would cooking classes or wine tasting. Villa Lena looks lovely with its beautiful site, creative activities, and pool all on site (not interested in day trips). But the dates are filling up so I am looking for alternatives. Also like the looks of Podere Castellare, bc gin!

Tuscany is great, Umbria/Emilia Romagna even better. TBH, I would especially love further afield like Le Marche, Puglia, or even Sicily, but that feels like too much moving around. (I am happy to be corrected however!)

Grazie!

Last edited:
Located a half hour or so from both Modena and Bologna is an agriturismo I'd recommend. We've stayed there several times. The location is peaceful and heavenly, the hosts, Emmanuela and Massimo are lovely, hard working people, their breakfasts and dinners were delicious and the accommodations nurture your spirit. It's probably two hours plus from Florence. It would certainly be a comfortable place to go when traveling solo. You'd need a car and the surrounding area is lovely. We are fans of Emilia Romagna. Best wishes. https://www.podereprasiano.com/

Located a half hour or so from both Modena and Bologna is an agriturismo I'd recommend. We've stayed there several times. The location is peaceful and heavenly, the hosts, Emmanuela and Massimo are lovely, hard working people, their breakfasts and dinners were delicious and the accommodations nurture your spirit. It's probably two hours plus from Florence. It would certainly be a comfortable place to go when traveling solo. You'd need a car and the surrounding area is lovely. We are fans of Emilia Romagna. Best wishes. https://www.podereprasiano.com/
I am a fan of E-R too, and this looks lovely. Grazie!

Coleyfagiole,
It really is a very beautiful spot. When I'm in need of a mental escape, it is one of the places I daydream about. Wonderful area for balsamico, cheeses, figs and assorted other delights. Lots to see and do and wonderful restaurants too. :)

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina