• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Dordogne

Thanks Parigi, I am open to all wines since I sell wine at retail. In wine regions I try to work with our wine distributors and importers to set up appointments ahead of time and typically get an in the business visit as opposed to a general public tour or visit.

You must know much more about wine than I.
Around Cahors, I have enjoyed the Château Lagrezette, for both the v!s!t and the wine.

La Belle Etoile is our favorite, thanks to Ann. Try and ask for a table on the terrace. The view of the river is very special.

Hi Sharon. How are you all doing?
Mark, would you like my notes from our last stay in La Roque-Gageac in 2017? A lot of smaller restaurants in small villages that are under the radar.

Sharon, haven't we been blessed to enjoy places like the Dordogne and Montepulciano! We're going back to Montepulciano and to Rome (I know, I know -- not your favorite) in October.

Ann, we are indeed blessed. Of all the places, Dordogne and Montepulciano are our favorites. Well, I guess I should throw in Le Sirenuse in Positano, all I can say about that is "Wow"

We can no longer travel in the Fall. Three Hurricanes in three years, and we've given up. We live on an island in Beaufort, SC., and if they say evacuate, we must prepare our home and leave, as they close the bridges. The first year, we were in another part of France, and had to cut our vacation short, losing a weeks rent. Delta found two seats for us in the middle row for the flight to Atlanta, and then we actually caught the very last flight out of Atlanta to the Savannah Airport. Our neighbor picked up our dogs from the kennel, and drove with them to Columbia, SC. Then, we had to meet them half way to retrieve our little babies. What a mess, and the stress just wasn't worth it. Like I mentioned, the following two years had Hurricanes as well. Still wouldn't trade living in this lovely town for anything.

Well this thread was very informative. I had been planning the trip for some time, but I got some good tips reading this thread. My wife and I will be staying at La tour de Cause in Castelnaud la Chapelle later this month for 5 days. From there we are going to the Loire Valley and then to Normandy and finally Paris. I'm going to start a Loire thread to hopefully get some more good tips.

We stayed in Cenac which is not far away, and visited Castelnaud. This is my report on our stay. Scroll through to the Dordogne section. We went from there to the Loire Valley, but not near where you will be.

Bon voyage.

We stayed in Cenac which is not far away, and visited Castelnaud. This is my report on our stay. Scroll through to the Dordogne section. We went from there to the Loire Valley, but not near where you will be.

Bon voyage.
Wow, that was quite a trip, that is slow travel! Thanks for pointing to that report.

We are slow travellers from way back. Our last three trips -2014, 2016, and 2018 have all been ten weeks, and we are in the planning stages of another ten weeks in Spring 2020. 2016 and 2018 were Autumn trips. My reports on them are also listed here.
It is the most enjoyable and affordable way to travel !!
Bon voyage.

OK here are is what my wife would like to do.
We are staying in La Roque Gageac
Day 1 Arrive in the afternoon and hit Sarlat
Day 2 Beynac, La Roque, Castelnaud and environs
day 3 Cahors, St Cirq Lapopie
Day 4 Rocomadeur and Figeac
Day 5 Perigeux and Hautefort
I know there is a decent amount of driving on days 3-5.
Any thoughts?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina