• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Feline Lovers Cafe' in Marais!

Heidi

100+ Posts
For chat lovers visiting Paris, there is this article from BBC about a new and very popular Le Cafe' des Chats. This cafe' has 12 chats in residence ~ all of whom were rescued through the local animal protection society. There are several rules including let sleeping chats lie and don't feed the chats. I'm so intrigued, I plan on checking it out when I'm there this Spring...

Sounds lovely as long as they stay off the table! (If only I could convince mine to stay off the table...)

Oh, how did I miss this? Thanks Colleen! I'll have to keep my eye on Oakland's Cat Town Cafe', as I'm down there all the time. Of course, because of heath department over-site, they will have to keep the cats separate from the cafe' :rolleyes: What fun is that? But I do like the idea that the kitties will all be adoptable.

AND thanks for the web site, Oakland Local. I've book marked it as a source of Oakland news, which is hard to come by here in the Sierra!

Inside Cafe' de Paris for morning noisette...
IMG_6899.JPG

Oh dear, I don't know what got into me, but I just booked an afternoon tea at Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium and I'm so excited! :joyful: Thank you Colleen for the link.

Click on the kitty cam link ~ if you dare ~ to watch a too cute video about their cafe. :cat: Eventually they will actually have a kitty cam, but my sense is they are overwhelmed with their instant success and just haven't caught up with themselves yet.

Our e-mail correspondence this morning was amazingly prompt. The only reason I got in ~ the last seating, on the only day that will work for me during my June visit ~ is that I'm dining solo and could be slipped in...

The entrepreneur who put this cafe together, Lauren Pears, managed to get the necessary funds through crowd-funding on the internet, according to this article.

Well, this will give me an unexpected break from my normal cultural tour of London!

Cheers!

***Wondering out loud, if this should have been in the United Kingdom Forum?

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina