• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Flight Tracking App recommendation

JSL

Hello everyone, I am a long-time Slow Talk follower and am happy to be here.

I am looking for suggestions for a reliable flight tracker app. For many years I used FlightTrack but as it's now defunct, I need to find something new. Honestly, I loved the simplicity of FlightTrack and am looking for something where I can add in the flights I am interested in watching (it's usually a long list from the flights my parents take, to arriving/departing colleagues and friends to my own flights.) FlightTrack would list the flights in chronological order and I could quickly look to see if the flight was enroute or had landed. I don't need stats and special bells and whistles, but a single app where I can watch flight statuses from multiple airlines to see when they have departed and landed are are enroute. I am happy to buy an app if it's worthwhile.

I am attaching a screenshot of the FlightTrack app and it's relatively simple listing....don't let it fool you when it says it was last updated today...it no longer accepts 99% of the flights I try to insert, so I need to start using something new! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

FlightTrack.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
I use one called FlightView. I just use the free version, but there is a 99-cent version, and an "Elite" version for $3.99. I honestly don't know what the extra features are of the paid versions, since the free one did what I wanted.

Thank you so much for your reply! I have not had time to come back to this thread today but after reading a lengthy discussion on Flyertalk, I also downloaded FlightView. I went ahead and bought the $3.99 Elite version because I would like to avoid ads, among other things. The general consensus on that FT thread was that there was nothing completely comparable to FlightTrack but for my needs, FlightView seems to do the trick. I am testing it out today, following several arriving flights. I really loved that FlightTrack app...successfully used it for years and years!

I used to use FlightTrack Pro until recently when I couldn't locate any of the flights I wanted to track. Then I found out it is no longer supported. I also use web version of Flight Aware, which I really like, but its ipad/iphone app is not as good. I found out about FlightView here (thank you, JSL) and think it's more similar to FlightTrack. I like it better than the Flight Aware app.

Reactions: JSL
So far FlightView seems to do the trick for my needs though I still miss FlightTrack Pro! Glad you found this thread useful, I realize that this is a FirstWorld Problem and I appreciate your valuable feedback! Have a great weekend, everyone!

I also like Flight Aware.

I also have TripIt Pro which notifies me of my flight changes including gate changes. Add to that notifications from the airlines and I'm pretty inundated. But better to be informed.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina