• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Flights being changed

Sharon J

100+ Posts
I already had come to the conclusion that our October trip to Positano and Sant'Antonio would be canceled, and guess today sealed our fate. I was going to wait until after September 7th, if necessary to cancel when some decisions were going to be officially announced. I was checking our flights with Delta, as I do every day, and see that two of our flights are now blank, as they are doing something to the flight schedules again. Getting too complicated, and now hope that our planned trip to Lake Como and Sant'Antonio for next May will happen. Hoping the third change of Delta tickets will be the charm. They have been very helpful so far.

Hope that 2021 gets you back to Italy. Had the same experience with United. They had previously changed our September non-stop from Dulles to Rome to a connection through Newark. Went on to cancel the flights last week and saw that the Newark/Rome legs were already deleted -- knew it was going to happen, but would have been nice if they had told me. We have an Alaska cruise preceding our May trip to Italy, and (truthfully) just not all that confident that we're going to be able to travel next year either since Canada probably won't be letting us in either. Confidence is very low in (a) vaccine development; (b) distribution; (c) efficacy; and (d) absence of resistance from anti-vaxxers and/or those who have politicized the virus -- just dreading the thought that the European Union will still be closed to US travel in 2021.

If one wants a full refund. suggest you wait for the airline to contact you with official announcement that at least one leg has been canceled, rather than take the initiative first.

If one wants a full refund. suggest you wait for the airline to contact you with official announcement that at least one leg has been canceled, rather than take the initiative first.
Fortunately, we have our reservations for Italy next May, (hopefully). Delta rolled us over to this October trip from our cancelled trip last May. They now will roll this trip over for our next May trip. Perhaps, it's easier because of my husband's status with Delta, but maybe they are helping everyone because of the virus. I'm really becoming weary of this mess.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina