• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Florence hotel for one night

Mom83

100+ Posts
My daughter and I need to find a hotel in Florence for one night before flying home the next day. I have never stayed in a hotel in Florence before...we have always rented apartments for longer stays. I would love to hear any recommendations for a nice hotel in a good location. Under 350 euro preferred.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Hi,
Don't know your priorities, but we find the Hotel Davanzati to be ideal for short stay - rooms are very nice, though not ornate, very clean, very central, reasonably priced, and the hotel is totally user friendly. Fabrizio and his sons seem always glad to help with any toursist needs, including meeting you on the sidewalk to help get your luggage up the one flight to the small elevator. Good free wi-fi and an ipad in every room. Decent breakfast, friendly low key and free wine happy hour which many guests utilize (never have myself). We used to stay regularly at the interesting and slightly less central Hotel Loggia dei Serviti, but if you want to get any assistance from the staff, I'd go with Fabrizio and family.

Thanks, Allen! Do you know if they have tea/coffee making facilities in the room? I get up much earlier than my daughter.

I think so, but if not, they'll almost certainly set you up with one (it's that kind of place). I know they have arranged for us (and others) to have a very early nice breakfast before an early flight - I suggest you just email Fabrizio and get a feel for what a competent hotelier he is.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina