• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

TV Series For All Mankind, Apple TV+

Pauline

Forums Admin
We watched this Apple TV+ series (For All Mankind) a couple of months ago and I can't get it out of my mind. I loved it! It is sort of about travel - space travel!

It starts in the 1960's with the Apollo space program but in a slightly alternate universe. The Russians got to the moon first. That one difference makes a different future for the US with more of an emphasis on NASA and the space program. That alone is fascinating, to see what we might have had if we had continued with the space program. They also present an interesting alternate future in politics and events.

Each season is 10 years after the previous (there are 3 seasons) and the alternate version of history is presented by a montage at the beginning (John Lennon was not killed! Regan started his term 4 years earlier. Etc.)

When it starts you think it is all about men, because - the space program! But it isn't. They recruit women into the space program, the stereotype astronaut wife changes as the 60s happens, they focus on the female characters as much as the males.

It is just a brilliant show.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina