• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

France Vacation Rentals - Rentvillas, US agency

Pauline

Forums Admin
Reviews of: Rentvillas.com, agency based in the US
http://www.rentvillas.com/

These reviews were collected on the Slow Europe website and have been copied here. The reviews are for different places all available through Rentvillas.

Reviewed by: Barbara Kneulman (1 review)
Reviewed on: October 7, 2010
Date of Stay: fall 2010
Vacation Rental Name: Villa Pervenche, Provence
I have recently returned from my vacation (Sept.11 - Sept. 25) in the South of France. This was a 50th birthday present to myself. After reading Peter Mayle's Year in Provence (and then evey other book he wrote), I had a dream of experiencing Provence for myself. Along with 3 friends, I booked a villa in a small town, 20 minutes outside of Aix-en-provence, called Trets. The villa was appropriately called Villa Pervenche (periwinkle) after its periwinkle shutters. The villa was the epitome of a provencial villa in an idyllic location. At the end of our quiet street was a magnificient view of Montagne Ste-Victoire (one of Cezanne's favorite views).
Our villa was beautifully decorated and had all the amenities that one would want in home away from home. We were met at the villa by M. & Mme. Gremy, who warmly welcomed us and gave us a thorough tour of the home. There were 4 large bedrooms with very comfortable beds. A lovely bathroom (with a seperate WC ), a cozy living room and dining room (all decorated in a light and airy cream colour). We had a lovely backyard with a patio and a pool -------- the weather was beautiful and we swam everyday when we weren't travelling. There was also an herb garden in the backyard and a fig tree that bore delicious fruit (I made some wonderful desserts with them).
One of the reasons I wanted to rent a villa was to be able to cook. Yes------- I love to cook when on vacation. I was not disappointed by the kitchen at our villa. It was the perfect size with wonderful appliances, plenty of cookwear and staples.

Reviewed by: SteveL (1 review)
Reviewed on: March 19, 2010
Date of Stay: winter 2010
Vacation Rental Name: Bertrand, Paris
We stayed at Bertrand, on Quai D'Anjou on Ile Ste Louis, the ideal get away! Right on the Seine in the Northeast corner of the little island. High ceilinged living room contains a loft bedroom in its upper reaches, and huge windows all around. See the river at all times, have the lights from the riverboats dance across the ceiling at night. An ample, well-equipped kitchen (even a washer/dryer this time), two bathrooms, a real, private terrace and an easy 2nd floor walkup up ancient granite stairs, made this our destination twice and we will return next year! Easy walk to Notre Dame, all museums, Bastille, and several Metro stops. The shops and restaurants on Ile Ste Louis are plentiful and relaxing.
Our rentvillas.com friends Patricia and Suzan couldn't be nicer. Constant communication as our trips approached, able to arrange anything we might need prior to arrival, and best of all NO SURPRISES other than good ones. We are also looking at their offerings in Spain and anticipate the same great time.

Reviewed by: MaryLou (1 review)
Reviewed on: December 29, 2009
Date of Stay: fall 2009
Vacation Rental Name: Rue de Verneuil, Paris
Our Paris apartment was absolutely charming. It was tastefully decorated, and contained all the necessary kitchen equipment and tableware. The location (in the 7th district, St. Germain de Pres) was ideal. We could walk to the Louvre, Musee d'Orsay, Rodin Gallery, and other major sites. Restaurants and shopping were nearby, as were bus and metro stops.
This was the 4th apartment we had rented through rentvillas (with two more coming up next June in Italy). Since I'm somewhat technologically challenged, I appreciate that their website is easy to maneuver, and particularly appreciate the reviews from people who have stayed in each place. These comments have often been the determining factor in which apartment we chose.
My experience with the rentvillas travel advisers has been extremely pleasant. They have each been extremely professional, knowledgable, and responsive. I cannot recommend their service highly enough.

Reviewed by: lynettep. (1 review)
Reviewed on: December 29, 2009
Date of Stay: fall 2009
Vacation Rental Name: Guillaume ..Boulevard St.Germain, Paris
We had a really fabulous time at the above apartment. The position is excellent. The apartment is very clean,comfortable and all the appliances are top quality. We were met by the local representative who was very helpful and made everything very easy for us.
We enjoyed every moment at the Guillaume and look forward to contacting Rentvillas.com when we next require an apartment in Europe.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina