• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Friday afternoon in Rome

artnbarb

1000+ Posts
We'll have Friday afternoon free, arriving by train at 12:30 or 2:00. We'll be able to leave our bags at the Beehive even if the room isn't ready, so I'm looking for ideas.

We have the Borghese booked for Saturday morning, then a rest before the U2 concert that night.
Sunday will probably be spend out of the sun, in the Capitoline Museum, then dinner with a friend.
Monday, thanks to a suggestion from one of you, will likely be CineCitta, then a late train back to Umbria.

That just leaves me with Friday afternoon to fill, so please, suggest away!

Dave and I had a marvellous time wandering around Trastevere, Isola Tiberina and Giancolo one day. Mostly we just enjoyed the colourful streets and the scenery but we did go see the glorious mosaics in Basilica Santa Maria.) We ate at a wee place called "Don" (Via di San Francesco a Ripa 103) that serves authentic fried pizza. Not really a lingering kind of place, just a bar with stools...but omg their fried pizza is soooooo good!! The owner appreciated our enthusiastic delight in his food so much that he gave us free dessert - graffe? - similar to a sugar donut but shaped more like a figure 8. Also mouthwatering. I want to return to Rome just to go eat there again! haha

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina