• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Get French Health Pass online

I participated in a webinar with the France tourism organization earlier this week and they shared some info about the new process for the "pass sanitaire" for international visitors. It was implemented on October 31.

Going forward, you'll have to visit a designated pharmacy to have your vaccination card info transferred to a pass sanitaire. (You must have your original card-- not a copy-- and your passport.) Pharmacies have to be enrolled in the program and they can charge up to 36 euro. Right now there aren't many participating pharmacies at all-- and pretty much only in major cities. But they emphasized that more will be added all the time-- hopefully before the main tourism season!

If you don't have a pass sanitaire, you can also get a temporary pass for 72 hours with a negative COVID test (available at most pharmacies). And some places may allow you to enter with your CDC vaccination card (or may not ask for anything), but this is risky for them as the fines are substantial.

This info may be helpful and includes a map where you can find the participating pharmacies.

The French parliament just extended the use of the pass sanitaire until July 2022, if required by the health situation.

I'm a big supporter of the pass sanitaire, though the process for foreign visitors to obtain these has now changed several times and hasn't been at all effective. Let's hope that many more pharmacies participate in this new approach. (We'll be visiting our village pharmacist to encourage her to participate... and meanwhile, I'm glad I already have my pass sanitaire!)
thank you for keeping up with all of the regulations! who knows what will be required for my time with you in May.

I saw this post today about the France Covid pass. You can now request it online. I am not sure how this works, but the link and the post are below.

View attachment 33212
I believe this is old information. I see the replies to this are all from Sept. 2021 They've just changed it in mid February. The Health Pass is no longer Valid, You now need a Vaccine Pass to prove that you've been fully vaccinated including booster. We have a health pass from last Summer, but it's not valid anymore. I clicked on the link you posted and there's no longer any Covid related topic. The French Dipolomatic website (https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...g-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/) is saying that the U.S. is now an Orange colored country and must go to an approved pharmacy, when you arrive in France, to get the Vaccine Pass. Other sites like "Paris By Mouth" https://parisbymouth.com/how-to-transform-your-american-vaccination-card-into-a-french-health-pass/, clearly state this as well, with current information.

The French Prime Minister announced another change yesterday. As of March 14 the pass vaccinal will no longer be required to enter cafe, restaurants or other public places. Masks will still be required on public transport. Proof of full vaccination, including a booster, will still be required of visitors entering the country.

It was just announced today that because of declining COVID cases and hospitalizations, the Vaccine Pass will be suspended on March 14. Also mask requirements will be ended for many venues, though still required on public transportation and in health care facilities/care homes. Private businesses may continue to require masks.

I'm headed to France next week. I'll continue to wear a mask if I'm in any crowded situations. Hopefully soon the requirement for a negative test to re-enter the USA will also be dropped.

Kathy

The French Prime Minister announced another change yesterday. As of March 14 the pass vaccinal will no longer be required to enter cafe, restaurants or other public places. Masks will still be required on public transport. Proof of full vaccination, including a booster, will still be required of visitors entering the country.
Thank you, This is great news!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina