• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Greetings from Santa Barbara

Krista

Hello all,
I first discovered Slow Travel in 2003 (where I had the user name KHB) while searching for a vacation rental in Tuscany. It's great to see some familiar faces and names here in Slow Europe, and I'm looking forward to joining this new community.

My last trip to Europe was in fall 2012 (Florence, Piemonte and Bologna) and you can read more about it in this series of blog postings that I did: http://www.ediblecommunities.com/santabarbara/category-food/eating-local-in-italy-one.htm

I am the editor and publisher of a local food magazine called Edible Santa Barbara, so naturally I'm very interested in food, farmers markets, wine, craft beer—all sorts of local food and beverages wherever I travel.

I had hoped to be going back to Italy this fall, but a trip to New York this spring and my busy schedule has made it far easier to just start planning a trip for next summer... and I'm sure I'll posting about that very soon...

-Krista

Like Krista, I too am from Santa Barbara and also found Slow Travel in 2003. I just learned today that Pauline and Steve are behind this website and am thrilled to return to their fold. We try to make yearly trips to Italy, which we often combine with cruising; not slow travel but a great way to dip one's toe in the water and discover places which may qualify for future visits at a more relaxed pace. A cruise is planned for this September from Barcelona to Istanbul followed by a stay in Italy featuring Venice, Lake Maggiore, Santa Margherita Ligure and Rome.

Fred

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina