• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Gstaad Mountain Rides - Horneggli chairlift closed summer 2017

Pauline

Forums Admin
I was disappointed to read that my favorite mountain ride in the Gstaad/Saanen area, the Horneggli chairlift, is closed this summer! We will be spending two weeks in nearby Lenk and had planned to do some Gstaad hikes.

UPDATE: The Wispile gondola from Gstaad and the Rellerli gondola from Schonried are NOT closed. They were closed for the day because of rain. The website did not make it clear that the rides shown as closed were closed only for the current day.

Gstaad Tourist site - Open lifts and cable cars
Gstaad Tourist site - Cable Cars Operating Times
Gstaad Tourist site - Hiking Map (shows all 3 rides closed)

More details:

The Horneggli chairlift that goes from Schonried has been replaced with an hourly bus service to Hotel Hornfluh. You can also drive up the mountain road to the hotel. It was fun taking the chairlift (photos below). From the top it was a 30 minute easy walk to the hotel where there are several restaurants. You can do an nice walk from the hotel, either out and back for a couple of hours, or go on to the Rinderberg gondola that takes you down to Zweisimmen.

horneggli-8981.jpg

Horneggli Chairlift​

horneggli-8985.jpg

Horneggli Chairlift​

Last edited:
I updated the post to correct my wrong information. Only the Horneggli chairlift (my favorite ride!) is closed in the Gstaad/Saanen/Schonried area.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina