• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - February

Eleanor

1000+ Posts
Where is this lovely clapper bridge?
Screen shot 2019-02-04 at 09.24.37.png

I'm surprised no-one has guessed this yet. There aren't many clapper bridges in the Cotswolds and a google seach should soon produce an answer....

I did Google your photos earlier in the week and found the answer but I haven't been there. But since no one has guessed......

I think it is Eastleach in Gloucestershire? The churches of St. Michael & St. Martin and St. Andrew.

By the way, I learned a new terminology "clapper bridge" just after a couple of days of being asked what a "ha-ha wall" is.

Last edited:
It all looks very "Heidi-esque", so I would guess Switzerland - but I've never visited so have no idea where it might be.

Damn, I was going to go with something like Italy...

In that case, my guess is something that has to do with the remnants of the fallen Roman Empire, so I will boldly go with Egypt!

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina