• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess this photo - July 2018

Eleanor

1000+ Posts
Where am I?
Screen shot 2018-07-01 at 21.43.53.png

Wow - Mark I thought you nailed it. Colmar was my guess!

Google maps tells me that Colmar is just over 600 miles too far SE. I deliberately chose this pictures as it isn't one of the usual ones of this place, although the black and white timber building on the bridge is a well know and very popular cafe.

Another hint is that I was going to include this picture on a recent photo of the day but decided to keep it for Guess this photo....

If it is truly SE that would put the location in the middle of the UK. Could it be in Lincolnshire :)

Well done Mark. It is indeed High Bridge Cafe over the River Wytham in the centre of Lincoln.

Your turn again.

This one should be easy. This is what the cathedral looked like when originally built.

Attachments

• cathedral.jpg
    cathedral.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
Ann you are correct. They have an amazing light show set to music that runs for about 30 minutes.

Now it's your turn.

Here are two pictures of the same town

Attachments

• IMG_2205.JPG
    IMG_2205.JPG
    673.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2199.JPG
    661.1 KB · Views: 25
You are correct, very good. My next clue would have been: The hanging grapes are garganega and the wine made from them is called recioto.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina