• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Guess This Photo - June 2018

The flag on the castle looks red, white, blue so I am thinking somewhere in Alsace?

Kaysersberg?

Once I noticed the flag it became a process of elimination
Give a bit to post the next one

Did a Rhine cruise at Christmas, but not Kaysersberg

Nice small town, not as touristy as Riquewihr.
My avatar is at the castle, very nice US WW2 Memorial atop a hill with great vistas along with a French cemetary.

American Memorial Sigolsheim
IMG_7222.JPG

Thanks Mark for the extra shots. Alsace is place I really want to spend more time exploring.

Well 2020 is not that far away... It may be time to start planning for this site

Guess25.jpg

Hint: This is the site of a promise kept for over 400 years for being spared from the bubonic plague ravaging their town.

Eleanor you are correct?

This is a side shot of the theater in Oberammergau where the townspeople perform the Passion Play every 10 years. In 2020 it will be the 42 performance. About 2000 townspeople participate in the play, which runs from May to October. The Passion Play starts in the afternoon, there is a break for dinner, and does not end until 10 pm.

Eleanor - next please!

I should have enlarged the picture earlier.... Of course it is Dumfermline Abbey! Robert the Bruce was buried here, although his heart was taken to be buried at Melrose Abbey.

I thought you would have gotten it right away being from the UK. His bones are still there but you are correct about his heart. Your turn Eleanor.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina