• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hello all

caliroan

10+ Posts
Happy to have found the new iteration of a web forum I once used extensively.

Tony from New York, formerly known as "cobblehill" and now "caliroan."

The "new" site looks great, clean and well-organized - complimenti.

Our travels in recent years have focused on Croatia (my wife's family is there) and Austria (my brother and his wife moved there three years ago, to her little hometown).
We've explored Istria in depth the past few summers - I love Dalmatia but Istria is really special, the blend of Croatian and Italian/Venetian influences really make for some incredible sights and experiences. Any questions about Pula - Porec - Rovinj - I'm your guy.

This summer, we're back to my wife's hometown - Sibenik, halfway between Zadar and Split. We've booked a villa for a week in Tribunj and will use it as our base to explore Northern Dalmatia. Looking forward to watching the sunset on the quay in Zadar, and re-exploring Krka and the Diocletian Palace.

From Tribunj - two nights in Venice. Not enough - just a taste to see how we feel about this beautiful but somewhat polarizing city. More than 12 trips to Italy and I've never been! Found a hotel thru a booking website in a quiet neighborhood a few minutes walk from Piazzale Roma.

After Venice - Lake Garda - three nights in an Airbnb rental in Padenghe sul Garda. We had a little trouble finding a suitable spot - in early July most owners understandably prefer people staying an entire week, ideally Sat-Sat. Looking for any input on how best to experience Lake Garda and environs.

Finally - two nights near Milan. Going to book at the last minute in case we want to slip in a random night elsewhere. I have mixed feelings about this final leg - my wife and I were flying home from Milan on Sept 11, 2001. Our flight, CO45, was the 37th of the 38 planes diverted to Gander, NL. We didn't get back to NYC until the following Saturday. Being back in Milan is going to bring up a lot of memories.

Nice to be back on the board! T

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina