• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Faithy28

I used Slow Travel in 2004, on our first Italy trip to Tuscany. I found travel planner, (specializing in Italy ) Sally Watkins of Texas and she helped plan a fantastic trip for my husband and my 25th anniversary! we went back to Italy to Puglia for our 30th and to the north to the Lakes & Cinque Terre region for our 35th anniversary with trips all planned by Sally.

Now we are going back to Tuscany in late Sept. 2024 for 2 weeks with 2 other couples who have never been to Italy. We like the idea of renting a place in Tuscany for 1 week, then move to another place in Tuscany for the 2nd week. I think we will fly Boston to Florence. I like the idea is 2 days in Florence. I've been there twice and always enjoy it! WE'll see if the group is interested in that.. Looking for suggestions for the trip, small places to stay, we will likely rent a car .. Or could take a train. Coordinating with 6 people can be a bit tricky..

ThaNKS PAULINE! I do remember you and this website from our first trip to Italy about 20 years ago I think! That is how I found the travel planner Sally Watkins. She was FANTASTIC!

I'll throw in my standard suggestion to look at Lucca as a base for one of your weeks. You would be close to Florence, Pisa, the Serchio Valley, the Garfagnana, and the Ligurian coast for excursions. Lucca is a pedestrian friendly city with a rail hub (one hour by train to Florence). Also has a collection of nice restaurants. It would be less hectic and crowded than Florence (which is still heavily touristed in September).

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina