• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Help Needed Help Finding Reasonable Car Rental

bozothec

My wife and I are flying into Lisbon and spending a few days in city, then need to rent a car to use to get us close to Baiona Spain. One way rental.
Anyone have any thoughts? I have looked online and some sites seem to have a shortage of rentals available for 9/30/19. Also, it looks like driving within Spain and getting as close to Baiona but not crossing the border is much cheaper(lower drop off charges). We would then need to arrange transportation to pick our walking starting place. We haven't asked the tour company for suggestions yet, but will be doing.
Thanks.

Hello:
We have used Economy car rentals (another broker) many times and have been satisfied with service and rates https://www.economycarrentals.com/ . Generally we've been provided a car from Enterprise
The closest you'll get while still in Portugal will be Valenca do Mino. From there by bus to Vigo then bus to Baiona would be the public transit option.

A possible alternative would be to walk across the bridge from Valenca to Tui and negotiate a taxi ride to Baiona. It's around 30 miles.

Another one is to take a bus or train from Porto to Vigo then bus it to Baiona. The train I took from Vigo to Porto took about 2.5 hours.

As an aside, Baiona is pleasant town.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina