• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Horse Racing in the Cotswolds

Pauline

Forums Admin
The Cotswolds is a horsey area. Race horses are trained at a stable and track in Slad - Tom George Racing. http://www.tomgeorgeracing.co.uk

The Cheltenham Horse Races are popular. http://www.cheltenham.co.uk

This post is for Barb because she and Art are interested in horse racing. If you find other info about this, could you post it?

Terry, if you see this, where did you go to see horse races when you were in the Cotswolds?

I'd never given this much thought! We've seen the racetrack in Chester, but the horses weren't running. Horse racing here in Louisville consists of much longer periods of racing - from 4 weeks to 8 weeks, running 3 or 4 days each week, while in the UK it seems to be one day here, one day there.

Thanks for posting this Pauline, maybe we'll check out some horses while we're there!

Sorry I'm late getting to this thread. Since we were staying in Chipping Campden, we were not that far from Stratford-on-Avon, and that's where we went. Stu had a blast, and since he is a horse-owner, he showed his card and we got in free. We did check on-line before we went, to be sure they were racing the day we went, and the times. It was fun (even for me), because it was so different from the way they do things in the states. Everything from bet-wagering to the shape and geography of the track (not an oval, and there were hills).

Have a great time, Barb, hope you get a chance to check it out.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina