• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotel Melia, Barcelona ??

Jan, I've never stayed there but the location seems a little "out there." I like to walk everywhere and this would be out of my comfort zone, but if they take taxis all the time it looks like a nice enough place.

I stayed in this hotel last time I was in Barcelona - Hotel Vueling
It is a new hotel just opened last March. Very clean and comfortable in the gorgeous Eixample area.

I have also stayed here on the recommendation of AinP -
Hotel Continental

It is UBER central. The fun thing about it is it has these rooms with balconies overlooking the Ramblas. Non stop entertainment basically, but noisy. You can also get a room in the back which is much quieter and utilize the "public area" balcony, which is what we did.

Hi,
I know nothing about travel in Spain but some friends are ending their cruise with 3 nights in Barcelona and are booked into this hotel. Any opinions about the hotel or its location?
http://www.melia.com/en/hotels/spain/barcelona/melia-barcelona-sky/index.html
Thanks
Agree with Shannon, it's hardly in the center of action (it's in 22@, Barcelona's 'urban lab' district with mostly offices around http://www.22barcelona.com/content/view/698/897/lang,en/)—although there is a tram stop nearby, as well as the taxi option. On the good side, there shouldn't be too many noisy revellers around after dark.

The Regina does look nice. Barcelona is also one of the very best cities for renting apartments smack in the center, even for short stays (and they're often as cheap, or cheaper than hotels, especially if there are more than two of you). We always use www.oh-barcelona.com and they've never let us down.

Shannon, thanks for these suggestions. I am considering a short trip over to Barcelona for 4 or 5 days - I have never been to Spain - around the beginning of April, and the Hotel Continental looks great.!!

I think I will start a separate thread looking for suggestions about great places to visit in Barcelona.
Best,
Sandra

Shannon, I wish we could meet up as well! But, as usual, I am at the mercy of employment contracts and one ends March 31 which suggests (altho I can't ever be certain) that I could have a few days off then. It will be a pretty last minute plan, so I thought a hotel would give me a bit more flexibility.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina