• CONTACT US if you have any problems registering for the forums.

Hotel recommendation for Nice

I spotted the Hotel Villa de la Tour in the old town on a non-chaotic side street near everything and extremely near the tram (and within walking distance to the carré d'or). I have not stayed there.

I forgot which friend recommended Villa Rivoli but it's another one on my Nice hotel list. Do you think price is right?

Veronica
I have no idea what you consider a reasonable price, but there are several Ibis hotels i Nice including one near the Port. For an overnight, we like thus chain. I don't know why you want to stay by Carrre d'Or but Nice has excellent transport and everything is pretty much walking distance.
Personally, I wouldn't use Airbnb for 1 night.
Good luck. I love Nice.

Veronica
I have no idea what you consider a reasonable price, but there are several Ibis hotels i Nice including one near the Port. For an overnight, we like thus chain. I don't know why you want to stay by Carrre d'Or but Nice has excellent transport and everything is pretty much walking distance.
Personally, I wouldn't use Airbnb for 1 night.
Good luck. I love Nice.
Yes, we could do the Ibis but I was hoping for something with a bit more character. I guess for one night it doesn't really matter. I'm looking for somewhere not too far to walk to/from the station with luggage. I will do AirBnB for one night if it is actually B&B, i.e. a room in someone's house. Still trying to sort out the itinerary.

Indeed I much prefer the Port area to the Carré d'Or. And with the tram, you zip between the main station and city center in no time.

I know very well where the Ibis is. I always rent a place on the old port. Very often we go to our butcher and caviste on rue Bavasstro, passing by the Ibis.

Love the area as well. We had an apartment on rue Bonaparte this past spring. All wonderful except the end. Well everyone read about my scolding for not cleaning properly.

I've stayed at the (expensive) Hotel Suisse, overlooking the Promenade des Anglais. We were there two nights on our way into the Côte d'Azur one year, before driving to Mougins for our apartment. It was a definite splurge, but the views, the ambiance and the luxury were quite wonderful. That said, the rooms at tiny--as in, there's just enough room to walk around the large beds!

The apartment we are renting - as of tomorrow onward - is next to the Hotel Suisse near the old port.

How to Find Information

Search using the search button in the upper right. Search all forums or current forum by keyword or member. Advanced search gives you more options.

Filter forum threads using the filter pulldown above the threads. Filter by prefix, member, date. Or click on a thread title prefix to see all threads with that prefix.

Sponsors

Booking.com Hotels in Europe
AutoEurope.com Car Rentals

Recommended Guides, Apps and Books

52 Things to See and Do in Basilicata by Valerie Fortney
Italian Food & Life Rules by Ann Reavis
Italian Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
French Food Decoder App by Dana Facaros, Michael Pauls
She Left No Note, Lake Iseo Italy Mystery 1 by J L Crellina